WhatsApp! goes Facebook

nUiHycI.gif

Quote:

Congratulations, you just killed any and all hope or trust millions of people had in your product and the future of gaming and computing as we know it.

I'm not even sure what to say because it's pretty obvious you put sacks of money before your supposed "dream", and will sell yours and everyone elses hopes and dreams away to an absolute fucking pariah of a company that's actively destroying any semblence of privacy or open digital market left in the world. And on top off all of this, you're not even GOOD at selling out. A measly $2 billion? You're talking about a company that just bought a glofified fucking IM app for $20 billion. You know damn well what this technology is worth and what a future it has, and you know just how deep Facebook's pockets are and just how desperate they are to save their eviscerated whale of a megacorporation, and $2 billion is enough for you? You're not only an unprincipled sell out, you're not even any fucking good at being an unprincipled sell out.

Well great job, because your dream of VR is fucking over. Facebook are gonna get the patents to the Rift, and they're gonna do exactly what all the patent hawks of the industrial revolution did and what all of the petrochemical industry is doing to renewables. They're not gonna do shit to further VR, they're just going to sit on a patent they never worked on and sue the everloving shit out of anyone who even dares to compete with them. All the while, they'll be putting out an inferior, bare minimum cost surveillance device to the idiotic masses and they'll keep it that way. And when (and it's not a matter of if, it's WHEN) they keel over and die, who's gonna buy out such a lucrative patent? What'll happen to VR then? Someone not quite so "innovative" as Facebook (those two words should never be in the same sentence) is gonna grab it up (for a hell of a lot more than $2 billion I can tell you) and your dream of true VR ever being a thing will drift further and further into the garbage pile. And you'll have sold it all away for Wall Street peanuts.

"I’m obsessed with VR. I spend every day pushing further, and every night dreaming of where we are going. Even in my wildest dreams, I never imagined we’d come so far so fast. "

And you only ever got that dream because of the millions consumers handed over to you to develop a product THEY wanted. You'd have made a pheominal amount more than what you were offered as a small, independent powerhouse in a matter of years. But apparently your "dream" doesn't have time for patience or common sense. And what about all of the developer's who've made the Rift what it is today entirely of their own volition? With no desire for financial gain, but merely to be a part of the brave new world you apparently wanted to create? That you believed in? Well good luck, because the best you're ever going to see on your platform now is VR Farmville and VR Instagram Panorama apps. Is THAT what your "dream" looked like?

If you have even a single braincell left in your cranium you'll call off this deal and hope to God you can muster back the faith in your userbase that you've now utterly robbed both financially and spiritually. Sadly, having posted this wall of absolute management-speak "connected world" straight-from-Zuckerberg's-PR-department grade A patronising bullshit I doubt you'll ever get anyone's trust back.

Danke für's Video, hab ich gleich meinem Chef weitergeleitet. Der hat schon mit dem Gedanken rumgespielt.

Naja, was soll man da sagen...traurig...Das Ganze kann sich jetzt positiv ( früherer Release, günstiger Preis) aber was wohl wahrscheinlich ist negativ (tracking verseuchte Plattform, Werbung etc. irgendwelche Zwänge) auswirken.
Erstmal abwarten.

Zuckerberg: "We're clearly not a hardware company. We're not gonna try to make a profit off of the devices long term. We view this as a software and services thing, where if we can make it so that this becomes a network where people can be communicating and buying things and virtual goods, and there might be advertising in the world, but we need to figure that out down the line."

http://www.shareholder.com/visitors/event/build3/stage/stage.cfm?mediaid=63723&mediauserid=0

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom